#FBUSpringBreak 2016

by Alumni Posts on June 3, 2016

This year I embarked on one of the most amazing Spring Break adventure of my entire life.  Though the adventure was full of ups and downs, I wouldn’t have traded anything.  My best friend, Brooke, and I went to three different Charlie Puth shows in a week.  We started with driving four hours to New Albany, IN to visit our friend Jessica.  We spent the night and were able to spend most of the day exploring New Albany.  That evening we traveled to Louisville (about a half hour) to our Air BnB (a website where you can rent someone’s apartment for a short period of time).  Then we made our way to the Louisville show; mind you, we were a few minutes later than what we were supposed to be.  We got all the things and were immediately taken down to Charlie’s dressing room.  It was such a cool experience to walk in to a room and see Charlie sitting casually in a chair. He sang One Call Away in a lower tone to warm up his voice. We got to take a selfie and then stood in line for about two hours after all of that.  We made friends with security and built a relationship with his tour manager.

The Louisville show was amazing and the next morning we were off to Hamilton Ohio.  In Hamilton we got to hangout with Brooke’s family for the day and had such a good time.

The next day we were off to Columbus to see our next show.  On the way to Columbus we noticed a weird smoke coming from my car; we thought this was dust since we were in a construction zone.  Once we realized it was smoke my RPMs starting raving and we had to pull over on the left side of the highway (because we were in the fast lane).  It was approximately 40 degrees outside and we were stuck 6 hours away from our parents.  We didn’t know what to do.

I met some pretty amazing people that day, got to ride in the back of a cop car, connected with Charlie’s tour manager again and got to go on the tour bus to meet Charlie for a second time.  Needless to say, the show was still amazing!

My car was finally fixed and we were celebrating with an Easter egg hunt with Brooke’s family.  Then we were off to our third and final show with two new recruits (Brooke’s cousins).  We managed to get them VIP tickets as well so that they could stand by us.  This time when Johnathan (Charlie’s manager) saw us, we had a greeting of “Friends”.  We were put back into the front row for our final show and it was such an amazing experience.

I couldn’t have asked for a better adventure for my last #FBUSpringBreak.  Check out the video of our adventure below.

XoXo

-D