What Did I Want to Be?

by Alumni Posts on May 3, 2016

in Academics,Career Paths

When I was little I don’t even really remember what I wanted to be.  The last memory I have of wanting to be something was a teacher; that was when I was a freshman in high school.  I knew that I wanted to help kids learn; I liked the idea of teaching high school freshman so I worked with my favorite teacher.  I got to teach a couple of lessons and with sitting in her classes, seeing how they didn’t quite understand the meaning of respect, I decided that was not the fit for me.

I decided toward my senior year of high school that I wanted to design the next big roller coaster at Six Flags.  I wanted to be an engineer; I didn’t know what that meant to me about where I was going to go but I knew it was what I wanted to do.

Neither of those are exactly what I ended up wanting to do by my Senior year of College.  I am going to graduate school starting in the Fall of 2016 at Saint Louis University to achieve a master’s degree in Student Personnel Administration.  I am beyond excited for this new chapter in my life and accept that it wasn’t my original plan.

XoXo

-D