I am a Senior in college…  I am graduating on May 9th…  Am I sad or happy?

All of these are things that I have had on my mind for the last few weeks.  As my time at Fontbonne comes to an end, it is time for me to reflect.

What have I done… What am I doing next… How do I connect the two?

I have donated so much time to the Fontbonne community, through being SGA president to Fontbonne Days for three years. There are so many out there that have still given so much more.  I loved my chapter at Fontbonne and it pains me that this time must come to a close.  I have grown so much as a person here from student government, professors, being a student intern, and even my academic courses.  I am a totally different person than the girl that walked on campus back in 2012.  I am attending Saint Louis University in the Fall to get my masters degree in Student Personnel Administration.  I am going to be in college for the rest of my life (that is what they tell me).  But I plan to have much more of an impact on others than what most people see.  I have always wanted to help people, to grow, to lead, to be more than what they dream they can be.  If it wasn’t for my time at Fontbonne, and those who have helped me grow, I would have never chosen this career for myself.

Who am I now… How is that going to help me… Am I really ready to “Adult”?

I am different, I have changed, I have grown.  I know that I am on the right path.  I have always been told that I can do anything I set my mind to; I believe that to this day.  I can do or be anything I want to be in this world.  I want to help students like myself realize that early; money is not everything in this world.  It does not matter how much money you make if you are in a job that you hate.  Live for what you believe in and do whatever you wish to do.  Someone along the line will support you, and help you to grow into the person that you need to be for the career.

Believe me, this is not the end… It is just a new chapter in the book of my life.  And I cannot wait to see how it reads.

XoXo

-D