I got involved my freshman year at Fontbonne in the student government association.  I was lucky enough to be selected to serve on the executive board, which as a freshman doesn’t happen often.  I was so excited to assume my role as I had always wanted to be on student council in high school.  I hit the ground running and help the position of VP of Finance for 2 consecutive years.

Student Government Association (SGA) is a great organization on campus that is the voice for the entire student body.  I got to serve as a reference point between other organizations on campus and the general board of SGA.  I got to talk to many different students and keep track of a running budget.  This are great skills to have.  After my time as VP of Finance was coming to an end during my second year I chose to run for President of the organization.

Since then I have served in the roll of President.  It has been two years since then and I have grown so much as a person in that time.  Getting involved in an organization was the best decision I have ever made.  I have grown and thrived as a person since I have been involved.  I learned how to push out of my comfort zone and to care more about others than myself.

Everyone should get involved during their time at Fontbonne.  Whether it is in SGA, the activities board or even the service organizations on campus.

XoXo

-D