Lauren

Goodbye Exams, Hello Summer!

by Lauren on May 9, 2016

in College Life,Extracurricular

I just finished my last exam of the semester! I thought this would be a great opportunity to blog a little about summer and what I plan to do.

I actually have a very long list of things I want to do this summer. It doubles as a to-do list and a bucket list. I’ve been adding to it probably since Spring Break. I am going to jam-pack these upcoming months with activities.

Probably the two biggest summer goals: work on art and get an internship. A lot of art students will agree–part of the struggle is applying non-stop for internships. This past year I’ve been applying like crazy and I will continue to do so until I get something! At least, that’s the plan. In the meantime, I plan to spend most of the summer creating. Aside from pieces for the senior thesis show, I have some projects of my own that I can finally work on, as well as some more crafty enterprises I want to do with my family (tie-dye and silkscreening for example). I also want to make a zine! A zine is a handy magazine that you make yourself. It’s super easy and I hope to blog about the process (so you, too, can make one!)

My friend and I are also brainstorming ideas for a podcast. That, in itself, is a rather large project.

Lastly, my sister and I are hosting a small film festival in our own backyard! Our projector arrived in the mail a few weeks ago and now we just need to have a test-run. My sister studied film in college and I’ve always been a movie buff. This is a small dream of ours and it will be fantastic to see it become a reality.

So those are some of the things I am looking forward to!

Good luck to those of you who still have exams and congrats to those who are done. Summer will be here in no time 😉