Advice to Pre-Fontbonne Me

by Alumni Posts on May 9, 2016

in Academics,College Life,First Year at Fontbonne,New & Future Students

If I could give any advice to the pre-Fontbonne me I would definitely tell her to not stress so much.  Understand that you cannot be in control of absolutely everything in life.  I would also tell myself that I was going to end up a planner and that was going to be tough for me because I cannot control everything.  I did not know this as a freshman coming into college and if I could prep myself for that I know I would not have stressed so much when I did not have control.

I would also tell myself to actually go to class.  Even though I thought I did not need to and that I was free from mom and dad I was not a genius.  I would tell myself to get up out of bed even if I had the worst headache.  Unless I was vomiting or unable to move I should have gone to classes all the time.

Another piece of advice I would give myself is to not sleep so often.  Although taking naps always felt amazing, I was only hurting friendship and wasting time to spend with those friends I had made.

The last piece of advice I would give is to attend the Freshman orientation.  I would have made so many friends much quicker and would not have struggled so much in my first year.  I skipped my orientation and although I made many friends here at Fontbonne, it was not without challenge.

Go to orientation, Go to class, and DO NOT sleep so much!

XoXo

-D