Claire

I Have a LOT On My Plate, and That’s Okay!

by Claire on April 25, 2016

Ever since I can remember, I have been go go go. I never seem to slow down or have a break. I love this aspect of my life. I hate not having things to do and my friends and family will tell you that I do my best work and am my best self when I have many things going on. Honestly, when I have many things going on, I sleep better, I eat better, and I am just on my A game.

Although some people may not do well under pressure, stress and deadlines give me life, rather than drain me. I work three jobs right now and go to school full-time. I am working very hard to keep my grades up and my performance at my jobs at the highest level possible. Although I may be stressed out and have to go from place to place all day and night, I am able to stay on track and accomplish my missions and tasks.

My planners are my best friends. I have two planners that I use every day: one for my school work and one for my personal life, appointments and work schedules. Having a lot going on, I am preparing myself for my future. I plan to have a family, work, be involved in groups and organizations, and maintain a social life. This is teaching me how to manage my time and learn to handle all of the tasks that people ask me to take on. The most important thing a person coming into college needs to learn to do is time management.

Time management allows me to get everything done on time and manage to have time for myself. This does allow me time for leisure, I just plan it out. Moreover, this planning allows me to have flexibility because I know all of the things I have going on so I am less likely to cancel appointments and meetings and I am able to be the most responsible.

So…

My advice is that if you are struggling with time management, get a planner and take the time to plan out your time. It sounds silly, but taking the time to plan out your week every Sunday or Monday, you will be able to know what are you doing for the week so few things will surprise you! Take the time to plan your time because time is valuable and time is money!

Xoxo,

Claire