Lauren

Fontbonne Gallery Exhibits

by Lauren on April 13, 2016

in Organizations, Activities & Events

It’s been very busy these last few weeks for art students at Fontbonne!

Coming up on Monday is the Junior Synthesis show. It runs until April 8th, so even if you can’t make the opening + reception on Monday (3:30-5:00pm), definitely pop your head in to look at the work! I’m proud to be part of this year’s Junior Synthesis show. Early this week, my fellow classmates and I hung our pieces in the gallery. It will be great to see such hard work pay off.

And, following that, there’s the Senior Show! But I’ll save that for the next post.

Artists are always working, and expanding on their body of work. I’m just now starting to realize that an artist’s work never stops. Just a heads up: if you’re a freshman or sophomore art major, start thinking about what you want to go in your Junior and Senior shows! A lot of work goes into it. Other than choosing your pieces, you’ll need to think about things like matting and framing. Also, if you have digital 2D work, you’ll need to print it (so do that in advance!).

It can be stressful. I struggle with motivation and inspiration, but I find it helps to separate myself from all the chaos and find a quiet place where I spread out my materials and paint or draw. The more you draw, paint, or even just doodle every day the easier it gets, and the more your style evolves. So to all you artists out there: keep up the good work!

I hope to see you there at the Junior Show! (And hey, there’s free food! Can’t beat that.)