20160415_113404

Fontbonne University is a great place to indulge in many different volunteer efforts and campus activities. Although it is my senior year here at the school, I have taken the opportunity to become involved in as many things as possible. Fontbonne Day is a day of service where students, faculty, and outside volunteers come together to serve people of a community who are less fortunate than them. I was team captain that led a service group at a local domestic abuse shelter. There we prepped and cleaned a building that is being remodeled into a transitional housing facility for victims of domestic abuse and their children. Having the opportunity to be involved in something bigger than myself is always a great feeling, especially when the work being done will benefit people who really need it.

After speaking with the director of Lydia House, I told her that I would definitely be coming back to volunteer my time with the organization. Not only does volunteer work give you different life experiences, it also gives you the opportunity to meet wonderful people and hear their heartfelt stories.