Claire

A Day In The Life of a Griffin

by Claire on April 25, 2016

in College Life,Extracurricular

Fontbonne University is my home Monday through Thursday from August to May. I spend almost all of my week at Fontbonne in the grand scheme of things. Fontbonne is my second home, and I cannot imagine going to another university. I am going to tell you know about my typical day as a Griffin.

7am: Wake up, shower, get ready for the day, eat breakfast.

8am: Leave for school. I am a commuter so it takes me about 45 minutes to drive to school everyday.

9am: Go to my first class

10:15-10:30am: Walk around the Golden Meadow from AB and make my way to my work study location in the Graduate and Professional Studies office in the East Building.

10:30-12pm: I work at my work study office. I love my work study because it allows me to work on campus and do my homework in the office if I need to. The office focuses on school first, but it gives me real world office experience and helps me learn to work well with others and work to get the job done.

12pm: Go to lunch with my friends outside at the DSAC. I spend time with my friends almost every day, and it is important to find time to do fun things with friends, especially as a commuter and with the stress of classes.

12:30-4:30pm: I go to two more classes. I have my first class in the art building and I love that I am able to have all of the classes in different buildings so I can experience all that Fontbonne has to offer. I walk passed the Golden Meadow and I see people eating lunch, students holding events, people playing in the meadow. It is refreshing to see people taking the time for themselves and not freaking out about school and work.

4:30-10pm: Typically, I have work right from school. I work at a small boutique and I like working directly from school. On days that I do not work, I am typically on my way home around 4:30 and have dinner with my family. Then, I may run errands and go to the store. Then, I typically watch some TV and start my homework. On the days I work, I like to have my homework done the day before, or I stay up late. On days I do not work, I have meetings for some of the clubs I am involved in.

11pm: I usually go to bed around 11pm, but sometimes later and I’m thankful when I get to go to sleep a little earlier.

Overall, a typical day as a Griffin is pretty great. Come onto campus and maybe you can have a great day as a Griffin, too!!

Xoxo,

Claire