Best College Advice

in Academics,Campus Community,College Life,First Year at Fontbonne

The best college advice that I can offer is to apply for as many scholarships as you can. When I initially started the college process I hadn’t applied for many scholarships, so my parents had to pay out of pocket which made our financial situation more of a struggle. However, once I started classes and the semester had passed I started to receive scholarships for good merit and based upon demographic information listed on my FAFSA. I would say to definitely use scholarship search engines such as Fastweb, Scholarship Central, and the Scholarship foundation of St. Louis. All of these are great resources for additional money to ensure school is not a hassle for you. I know that some of the applications are tedious, however if you take the time to complete the required information you will be more prone to win scholarships. In addition to utilizing the internet you should also do your best to perform academically well as there are a lot of perks tied to maintaining a GPA above 3.0. Over the past 2 years here at Fontbonne I have received 3 or more scholarships based upon my performance both in and outside of the classroom. I say this to let you know that although college is expensive, there are loopholes that you can get through to make the process much easier.