Patricia

Career Plans

by Patricia on April 25, 2016

in Academics,After College

I am very excited for this summer. I got an internship with Nordstrom for next year! I applied for it this year and since I do not have any retail experience, they want me to take a regular sales position this year instead. Hopefully after I complete the internship next summer, I will get a job. I recently talked to my manager to get things set up. I start May 12.

It is very important to figure out your career Junior year of college. This is the time to look for internships and decide if/how you want to go to grad school. The reason for this is because if you wait until Senior year, it might be too late. You don’t have lots of time to meet qualifications you might need. For example, this year I found out that in order to get a scholarship for an MBA program, I need to do more leadership and community service. Right now, I have the whole year to do it and still put it on my application. If I waited until Senior year, it would be hard to find things that I could do in the beginning of the year on time so that I could include it on my application.

I am sooooo glad that I have a plan and that I am not confused what to do after I graduate!