Get Involved and Grow Together at Fontbonne!

in College Life,Extracurricular

Welcome back everyone!

I am here to share my journey at Fontbonne. I graduated from high school with 75 people. In high school, I played three sports, was involved in multiple clubs, and my mom was the school nurse. Even though I was involved in school and was very comfortable, I never was that outgoing. So when I was searching for schools I wanted a similar atmosphere (small catholic school) where I could really come out of my shell.

On move-in day, I was so excited to get out in a new city and get involved. I was sad to say goodbye to my friends and family but I knew that it was going to be good for me. Below is a picture of my sister and me on move in day.

During Welcome Week, we had activities fair! I signed up for nearly every booth. (note to self: only sign up for what you are really interested in!!) I ended up getting really involved in Griffin Gang! By second semester I was the VP of Traditions. This meant that I would lead all of our traditional events on campus. Through my work with Griffin Gang I got involved in Dance Marathon this year. A group of us worked really hard and attended SLU’s Dance Marathon event. After this Dance Marathon, became its own organization. (Picture below is a group of us at a NACA Leadership Convention)

I came full circle in the two years I have already been at Fontbonne. I went from being involved as a follower to being involved as a leader. So, my greatest advice is to get involved and find your niche. If that is a sport, organization, or even a department club, find the place that helps you grow as a person. College is developing yourself and that is what I can thank Fontbonne for.

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Danielle March 5, 2016 at 2:39 pm

McKinley,

Great blog! You are so awesome and are going to do some awesome things for Fontbonne.