Quinn

What Helps me Study and Focus

by Quinn on March 8, 2016

Whether I am in the Library or in my dorm room, I will always try to make either the best study environment possible. First, I MUST be listening to music to be able to focus. Yet, I just can’t listen to any sort of music to study. I have a “Study” playlist on my iPhone that I will always go to in order to help get my mind in the right place. This playlist consists of primarily instrumental tracks, whether it’s jazz, neo-soul, indie-rock or hip-hop. Words tend to distract me so I try to eliminate those as much as possible. I have a lot of Quiet Storm-esque music and other types of ambient music to help get me in the correct frame of mind. I will often listen to music through my Apple headphones or in my room through my Harman Kardon Onyx. Second, I have to be alone. Well, you can still sit by me but I’m about to ignore you completely. When I am in the zone I don’t have much concern for whoever is around me. So I just prefer to be alone when doing productive work to take away chances of outside distractions away. I already deal with enough on my phone and computer as it is. Lastly, I always have to go into studying or whatever assignments I am working on with a plan. If I don’t go in with a plan I will be more likely to procrastinate (which I am amazing at).

After winter break I decided to revamp my room to give it a different type of setting by adding LED Christmas lights hung all around the room. I now love studying and doing productive work in my room now.

ClNHujX (1)