Lauren

Real Life as an Art Student

by Lauren on February 22, 2016

in Academics,College Life

Let the blogging begin!
Hello all! My name is Lauren and I’m a junior here at Fontbonne. I’m an art major with a graphic design focus–actually, now it’s called Applied Design! The graphic design program was changed quite recently to include more computer-based classes. So far, it’s been an adventure.

I have some big plans for my blog posts this semester! As an art major, there are a lot of ups and downs. I’ve learned so much about art this past year. Every artist has a different philosophy when it comes to creating and appreciating art. Everyone has their own aesthetic and their own set of beliefs. Thanks to Fontbonne, I have a wonderful group of people surrounding me. With my major, I get to express myself, but there are some things you should know if you are an art student (or thinking about it!) I hope to shed some light on what the Fine Arts community is like, and what it means to be an artist. As always, I am still learning–keep that in mind!

I hope to touch on a lot of different subjects throughout the semester, from how to diffuse “artist’s block” and manage stress, to getting involved in the art community both on campus and off! Not only does Fontbonne offer a lot of great lectures and gallery openings, so does St. Louis! (And it goes beyond the St. Louis Art Museum!)

I can’t wait to share with you my experiences, and the experiences of my peers as we navigate what it means to be an art major. Stay tuned for more.