Feeling Out of Tune?

by Taylor on February 19, 2016

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my time at college, it’s that everyone has really off days. Days where we have no motivation to do anything, and cannot even fathom the thought of getting out of bed, let alone going to class, studying, or going to work. It’s true that most of us have a lot on our plates, and most of the time don’t have full days to just do nothing. So what do you do when you just feel like you can’t do anything? If you’re me, you find your headphones and put on the most motivating or uplifting song you can find, and go from there. I usually find that after a few minutes of just listening and focusing on my music, I feel a little better about what awaits me when I take the headphones off. So what are my go-to songs on off days? Here are my top 5 at the moment:

1. It’s Time by Imagine Dragons

imagine_dragons

A song about taking a risk and starting something new when it seems impossible to everyone but you, this is my favorite song of all time.  It’s helped motivate me many times, especially on days when things seem especially hard or daunting.

2. Adventure of a Lifetime by Coldplay

colplay

This is just such a happy and uplifting song, that it’s hard to not want to get up and move when you listen to it.

3. I Believe (Get Over Yourself) by Nico Vega

nico-vega

To me, this is a song about knocking down the limits you set for yourself and living the life you want. It’s perfect for when you feel self doubt creeping in.

4. I Do What I Love by Ellie Goulding

Ellie-Goulding

This song is about doing what you want and working hard, and not letting anything or anyone stop you from being yourself or achieving your goals.

5. Good Life by OneRepublic

OneRepublic

This song is literally just about how good life can really be. It helps mellow me out before a long day and just leaves me feeling more positive in general.

Thanks for reading, and happy listening Griffins!

Taylor