Why I chose Social Work at Fontbonne!

in Career Paths,College Life,In Saint Louis,New & Future Students

My name is Johnise McKinney, and I am a senior social work student here at Fontbonne University. In addition to being a full time student, I am also a mother of 3, which is another full time job within itself; however I manage to make it work. I have always had a high passion for helping other people, even when I couldn’t help myself, so naturally I chose social work as my career field. I love the fact that Fontbonne University has one of the top social work programs in Missouri and the class sizes are so small that you can get all of the attention and help that you need from the instructors. In addition, Fontbonne offers many merit-based and financial-based scholarships and grants, which can always come in handy when you have a tuition balance. The social work program participates in many local seminars and charity events in order to gain field experience and volunteer experience as part of degree requirements, however the events are always insightful and eye opening. I would definitely recommend Fontbonne University to anyone looking for a close-knit community school, the friendships and opportunities for involvement are endless as long as you always but your best foot forward. I would like to end by telling you this: “Your Passion will lead you to your purpose in life.”