Lean into the Uncomfortable

by Fontbonne University on December 8, 2015

in After College

This has quickly become my mantra this year and I have never been happier. For as long as I can remember, I have always gone somewhere with someone. No big deal, right? Wrong. Going anywhere alone sounded crazy for the longest time and I always dreaded just the idea of it. Recently, I have taken up *practically* hibernating at Starbucks. This has lead to me not only being more productive, but has also been my first stepping stone into truly unleashing my independence. I’ve done countless things 100% on my own since then and even strike up conversation with friendly strangers from time to time. I know it may not seem like a huge accomplishment just yet, but it’s all about the stepping stones, people. My goal by the end of the year is to be a-okay (and actually enjoy) going to a movie on my own. My goal in the next couple of years is to move to a place where I know absolutely no one (just don’t tell my mom just yet). When I step back and think about where I want to be five years from now, my options are truly endless. Life is about adventure and dreaming big…and I can’t wait to see where my post-grad adventures take me.

Keep on dreamin’, friends.
~ B.