7 Things to Fall in Love with at Fontbonne

by Fontbonne University on December 7, 2015

This is the beginning of the end. That’s what I keep telling my friends at least. Senior year is upon us….and basically half over. Everything that happens this year is essentially my last as a Fontbonne Undergrad. This is crazy to think about, but also super exciting at the same time. Why so sentimental? Well, I’m nearing the end of my seventh semester here at Fontbonne. It’s absolutely nuts how fast time can fly when you’re having fun. Yeah, everyone says that. Yeah, I’m being super cliché. Yeah, I’m 123% telling the truth. My time spent at Fontbonne has created some of my favorite memories throughout these past 21 years of my life. So in honor of these past seven semesters, let me tell you seven things that I love about being a part of Griffin Nation.

1) Feeling at home

giphy (1)

Admit it; you’ve probably gotten this feeling once or twice (or maybe even a few hundred times).

2) Free Shirts

tumblr_mt8bb4tklV1s9ss8ko1_500

I literally have TWO drawers full of Fontbonne t-shirts at this point…and I have only bought two of them from the bookstore. Riddle me that one. Getting involved = getting a purple and gold wardrobe for days. #Perks

3) Small school benefits

giphy (3)

Speaking of #perks…one of the BEST things about being at Fontbonne is that if you need an answer about something on campus and someone doesn’t know, they usually know someone that knows. When in doubt, phone a friend! It’s fantastic. Another awesome thing? Even if you are running late for class it will probably take you three minutes TOPS to get across campus.

4) Knowing people by name

she-doesnt-even-go-here

Yeah, it’s pretty awesome walking across campus and knowing (almost) everyone that you walk past.

5) Not just being another fish in the sea

just-keep-swimming

I’m a face with a name. My advisor knows me personally and has supported me through so much. Pro tip: if you ever feel lost – email your advisor! They’ll set you on the right track.

6) Starting our own traditions

10403894_764921906910149_5966827083983075202_o

…and seeing them last. With Fontbonne being so small, it’s easy to make an impact and leave a legacy! If you’re super passionate about something, run with it and make it great! Chances are, somebody else is also passionate and will help you soar.

7) Being forever purple and gold

tumblr_li0i0fcWP61qb15mso1_250

As cheesy as it is…I’ll always be a Griffin. Fontbonne has helped me spread my wings and grow far more than I ever thought possible. As my best friend once said, the circle at Fontbonne is never-ending. As nervous as I am to graduate and head out into the real world…I am SO excited to exclaim that I am a Fontbonne Alumni. It’s quite the place to call your Alma Mater.

~ B.