A few words of gratitude

by Fontbonne University on November 20, 2015

Thanksgiving is in one week – my first Thanksgiving in the States.

I hereby would love to express my gratitude and appreciation to the teachers, staffs and friends in Fontbonne. You made my life so much more fun and enjoyable.

I have never been such a positive person before I came here. Having to study things I did not like and then having to deal with stress from enormous workload in school, to match family’s and self expectation had made my high school years depressing. Focusing too much on academic achievements took away most of my time for my family, friends, and hobbies. I was always in a bad mood and my health was not so great, both mentally and physically.

And though I did not get the grades I expected, Fontbonne still took me in welcoming. Since I came to Fontbonne, I have received nothing but warmth and care. My teachers know who I am, the staffs (especially in the International office) always dote on me, and I have met amazing friends who are not hesitant and anytime to lend me ears and hugs. I feel like I’m really belonged here in this small cozy community at Fontbonne.

So, once again, I would like to take this chance to say “Thank you” to all those have helped and cared for me since I first came to the U.S. I really appreciate what you did for me.