What I’ve Learned This Semester

It’s unbelievable to me that it’s November 2nd already. This semester seems to have flown by, and I can’t believe it’s my last semester of undergrad. My time at Fontbonne has taught me so much, not only in an academic sense, but in ways I can’t describe. I feel that I’ve truly grown into a stronger, more resilient person in comparison to my Freshman year of college, and I couldn’t be more thankful for my experience and my professors here at Fontbonne.
If I had to think of one thing I’ve learned this semester, it would be summarized in this quote:
Motivational quote

I’ve spent a lot of time during undergrad being full of worry, and a big component of my stress was fear of failure. Fearing failure is not an uncommon thing, but dwelling on a fear of failure does nothing but prevent you from trying. What I have come to learn is that I can’t get where I want to be in life without trying! To get to where I want I have to make steps every day towards my goals, and the only way I can fail is if I don’t try at all.
I remember this quote often when I get discouraged or fearful of “failing”. I also like to go on Pinterest and look up inspirational quotes to perk me up and motivate me to go about my day.

If you’re struggling with stress or motivation this semester, I strongly advise you check out some inspirational quotes that are meaningful to you, or make your own mantras to repeat when you need inspiration the most 🙂