Claire

Favorite Class This Semester

by Claire on November 16, 2015

in Academics,First Year at Fontbonne,New & Future Students

As a freshman, I am still fascinated by the idea that I finally get to take classes about fashion and just take the classes I want to take in general. Although I still have plenty of general education classes to accomplish, I am able to mix these in with my major specific courses, like sewing.

This October I started a second half of the semester course called FAS 108: Fundamentals of Sewing Technologies. I have this class twice a week for about an hour and the time flies by during class. I wish this class was twice as long. We start every class with a review of what we had learned previously and other techniques that we need to remember to do the day’s assignment.

download

We learned the basics of using a machine and sewing a straight lined stitch. We have moved on to doing zig-zag as well as decorative stitching and much more. Having a class of only 7 people, it is really nice because each student can ask as many questions as he/she needs and we each get the attention we need in a class like sewing.

For our final project, we are each making our own pair of pajama pants and I cannot wait to be able to wear something that I made. I am fortunate enough to be able to take the second part of this course required for my major, FAS 200: Apparel Construction, this spring.

If you are in need of a fun elective that also teaches a great life skill, consider taking FAS 108 next spring or fall.

xoxo,

Claire