Bye Fall 2015!

As the semester of Fall 2015 slowly comes to an end, I can’t help but to recollect on this long and tedious semester. The past few semesters have been tumultuous, so I generally expected Fall 2015 to be the same. I took it upon myself this semester to focus on myself and my grades. To do this, I had to quit my job and put my all into school. Although it’s been difficult, I wouldn’t have it any other way. My grades have soared and I’m happier than ever.

I’ve learned that it’s important to take time for yourself and not let anyone else get in your way. Some people will never understand the work that goes into college and never will. I’ve had this problem with several people in my past who wanted me prioritize them and a social life over the hard work it takes to get good grades in my major. I’ve also had people question why I’m not working, because money is important. What they don’t understand is that I’m securing a good paying job for my future, but it will take me a while to get there. So for the time being, instead of focusing on some minimum wage paying job that’s subpar and I won’t enjoy, why not focus my time on something that will benefit me and pay well in the long run. This closing semester of my senior year here at Fontbonne has been a good one. I’ve made tons of good new friends and worked my butt off to get here now. And graduation is just around the corner!!

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that you should absolutely take the time for yourself rather than anyone else. It’s been good, Fall 2015! Bring on the finals and winter break!!