Hello, blogosphere! My name is Brooke Stochl and I am a senior here at Fontbonne University. I am currently pursuing a double major in Psychology and Sociology (Woo, Behavioral Sciences!). While at Fontbonne, I also dove head first into involvement. On campus, I have been involved in the Psychology Club, QUEST Leadership Program, the Orientation Team, Fontbonne Activities Board (FAB), and Griffin Gang. Wondering what all of those things mean? I’ll give you the low down on each of them.

Psychology Club – Psych Club is a student organization for Psych students or students interested in Psychology. Psych Club hosts various events on campus throughout the school year. A main focus of Psych Club is to serve others and raise money. (Blood Drive, Card Drive, Bake Sale, etc.) Not a Psych major? No worries! Your major may just have a club of their very own.

QUEST Leadership Program – QUEST has continued to grow over the past few years. Within QUEST, you will gain skills to help you achieve and succeed in personal development, professional development, and organizational development. (You’ll learn your strengths and how you can apply those in many different avenues, plus you’ll gain skills for time management, conflict management, and so much more!) This year, they added two new ‘peaks’ to the QUEST Phases. I personally have completed the first 3 Phases, but plan to finish the other two, if possible, before I graduate! Looking for more information on QUEST? Click here!

Orientation Team – Our orientation team is currently called the WING (Welcoming In New Griffins) team, but has been called FOCUS (Fontbonne Orientation Committee Uniting Students) in the past. Have you heard both of these around campus? No worries – they both mean orientation (aka my favorite time of the year). The orientation team is in charge of welcoming our First Year-First Time students to campus in the fall. We do so through energetic games, tours around campus, connecting with faculty, and a continuous list of activities that I could probably write about forever. Interested in being an orientation leader? Applications go live at the beginning of next semester – so keep your eyes open!

Fontbonne Activities Board – (AKA FAB) FAB is the primary programming board on campus. This year we have 26 events planned ranging from Movies in the Meadow, Concerts in the Caf’, Off Campus excursions, and so much more. This year is my second year as President and I honestly LOVE IT. My time spent with FAB has created some of my favorite memories at Fontbonne. I could go on and on, so I’ll save that for a later blog! Want more information on FAB or updates on what we’re doing? Check out our Facebook page!

Griffin Gang – Griffin Gang is the spirit initiative on campus. This student org is pretty cool because 1) its getting students engaged outside of the classroom and supporting athletics and 2) it’s SUPER YOUNG and SUPER SUCCESSFUL. Honestly, I was at Fontbonne when Griffin Gang was “born”. (Crazy, right?) Griffin Gang started up my sophomore year, which was when I was involved with the team. Since then, Griffin Gang’s numbers have increased and they are doing great things! Honestly… you should check them out. They have punch cards for their sponsored games and once you reach 10 punches – you get a free Griffin Gang t-shirt. (And who doesn’t love a free t-shirt?)

In high school, I was pretty disengaged and didn’t enjoy my experience too much. By the time graduation rolled around – I was ready to be out of that place! Four years later, I am happy little Griffin and refusing to count down the days until I walk across the stage in May. (PS I just did an online countdown generator – I still have over 200 days to enjoy on campus!) Do you know why I love this place so much? Because I am so connected. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Get involved! Find something that you enjoy and run with it. It will make your experience as a Griffin 174,859x better, I promise.

~ Brooke