Claire

A Thank You to My Former Teachers

by Claire on October 6, 2015

in Academics,First Year at Fontbonne,New & Future Students

Thank You to the My Former Teachers

Thank you.

I want to say thank you to every teacher who has taught me. You have influenced my life starting when I was four years old. You assisted with the transition from one grade school to the next and middle school to high school and you put in all of your energy to make sure I was ready for college. You have shaped the student I am today and you have challenged me in more ways than any other group of people in my life. By pushing me to new limits, I have been able to grow and develop. Although we may have had our disagreements and differences along the way, your teaching styles have allowed me to learn to work with people of different thought processes to accomplish the task at hand. You taught me how to do simple to complex math, write a sentence to write a paper, read a word to read a novel.

By putting the time and effort into your lesson plans, you have not only done your job, but you’ve impacted my life. From pre-school to high school, you and your fellow teachers have encouraged me to accomplish all of my tasks ahead of time and you have instilled in me the values of working hard and submitting what is my best work. As a community, you have worked with your peers to make sure you were sending me on to my next school prepared.

On an individual level, you told me what was working and what needed to be improved. You were honest when I needed to rework an assignment and genuine when my work was superb. The relationships I have developed with my former teachers are relationships that I plan on maintaining for many years. As I am currently diving into my collegiate studies, I am thankful for the teachers who have taught me simple tricks along the way, such as PEMDAS (Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally), times tables, writing checklists, reading responses, and many more.

So in conclusion, thank you for everything you have done for me as well as my peers throughout all of your years of teaching. Know your efforts are appreciated.

Xoxo,

Your former student

Claire