Quinn

What I’m Involved In

by Quinn on October 13, 2015

in Athletics,Organizations, Activities & Events

In my first semester at Fontbonne University I have become involved in a number of different organizations. I am involved in the track and field team, the black student union, and GAP, which is a mentoring program that stands for “griffins achieving progress.” The track and field team means a lot to me because I am very passionate about track and have been doing it for the past six years of my life. My favorite thing about the track and field team is the great relationships I have with my coaches and teammates; there is a great bond between everyone on the team despite some differences and there is an overall fluid chemistry between everyone. The black student union is a great organization because it helps empower the students of color at Fontbonne and help us get our culture and interests across to the rest of the student body and faculty. The GAP program is a great help to the freshmen in helping ourselves become more organized and accustomed to life as a college student and being able to balance out many different things that occur within our life. This is a great support program for both the mentors and mentees because it’s a great learning experience for both.