Friday, FAB, and Fundraisers – Oh My!

by Fontbonne University on October 19, 2015

in Campus Community,College Life,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

Happy Friday, Fonties! Friday is my one day that I don’t have class (woo!), but typically tends to be the busiest. As President of the Fontbonne Activities Board (FAB), we have a meeting every Friday at 11:00 AM and (typically) an event at 8:00 PM. In between there, I’m usually spending time up in the Griffin’s Nest finishing up final details, running last minute errands, or just hanging out with other people from my team. So basically… all of my Friday’s are absolutely FABulous, but I wouldn’t change a thing.

12108741_10153688346531563_2563259423613028920_n

Tonight, you can find me in the Lewis Room at the Slam Poetry event. Carlos Andres Gomez will be taking the stage at 8PM. (If you’re free…you should come. He’s stellar.) FAB is co-hosting this event with BSU and I seriously cannot wait. (This is all real enthusiasm – I promise.) Check Carlos out on YouTube – you won’t be disappointed!

12141588_10208127854938227_8593412161061561443_n

Currently, I’m getting ready to leave to run some errands for an event we are hosting next Monday. You know what’s on my shopping list? Aluminum pie tins and whipped cream. Why? We are hosting a Dance Marathon Fundraiser where six student leaders can get pied in the face. One pie costs $2 OR you can purchase 3 for $5. Oh, and I’m one of those six student leaders that you can pie. I’m really excited (and nervous) because the event has been talked about A LOT. ¬†All the proceeds will be donated to the Children’s Miracle Network. Excited? Slightly interested? Want to support a good cause? Grab your cash and head to the Meadow on Monday at 11! (My mom is personally sending me with $5 so that someone can pie me in the face for her THREE TIMES. Thanks, mom.) All in all, it’s for a great cause and I cannot wait to see how much money we raise For The Kids!

~ Brooke

PS If you would like to help support our efforts in raising money for the Children’s Miracle Network head to our team page for more information!