Favorite Time of Year

by Fontbonne University on October 26, 2015

in In Saint Louis,New & Future Students

Of all the seasons in the midwest, I have to say that autumn is hands down my favorite one. The weather has cooled down from the hot weather of summer, but hasn’t hasn’t become the unbearable cold of winter. Everything is crisp and there’s a riot of color everywhere. One of my favorite activities in autumn is to go for long walks around my neighborhood, in the parks, and hiking out on the trails. The changing leaves make for a beautiful landscape and the weather lends itself well to wearing hoodies and drinking hot beverages.

My favorite park to walk in is Tower Grove (mostly because it’s so close to my house), but there are tons of parks in the city from which to choose. Forest Park is probably the best known one, and Lafayette Square park is small but so full of color it’s worth going to. I’m also a huge fan of Castlewood Park in the county for some excellent hiking, the trail is good and there are look out points on the top of a giant hill where you can see for miles. Laumeier Sculpture park offers a beautiful landscape and some really cool sculptures all throughout the grounds.

There are so many more awesome places to visit in the city and out in the county, I recommend taking some time to explore the area and enjoy the autumn colors!

Cheers!