A Little About Valerie

by Fontbonne University on September 22, 2015

in College Life,In Saint Louis

Hey there! As you should know by now, my name is Valerie Amerlan. I am a returning sophomore here at Fontbonne University. I love being social and interacting with others, however I am much better at this in person, rather than blogging. But I am also up for new things, so I thought why not give this a shot 🙂

I’ll start off by telling you a few things about myself. I am originally from the small town of Bakersfield, Missouri, which is pretty much as country and backwoods as you can get. But that is more than okay with me 🙂 I take pride in where I am from and how I was raised. Family is the number one thing in my life, but you don’t have to be a blood relative for me to consider you part of my family. I love the outdoors; hiking, camping, float trips, muddin’, hunting, the whole nine 🙂

Going back to where I’m from, you might ask me “What are you doing way up here in the big city?” (Or you might not ask that because you don’t consider St. Louis the “big city”) Either way, one of the reasons I’m up here is because, like I said, I like trying new things. I’ve always wanted to travel, but when family is the number one thing in your life, and you have a huge family, it’s hard to leave them to go to a far away place, and nearly impossible to take them all with you.