Back into the Swing of Things

by Fontbonne University on September 14, 2015

in Academics,College Life,Organizations, Activities & Events

Hey there, fellow Griffins! I’m back for another school year of blogging! I’m so happy I get to share my tips, experiences and advice with you all. I’ll give you a little update on where I’m at currently in my life, because its been a while since my last blog.

I am officially in my third year here at Fontbonne. I moved back on campus the second week of August because I was a freshman orientation leader, or WING Leader. I was one leader out of 18 who helped freshmen transition into college through our orientation program. It was my second year being an orientation leader and I absolutely loved it! I had a great group of students and an awesome partner! Orientation is such a great experience! (Below is a picture of me and my orientation group.)1

After orientation wrapped up, I headed straight into classes which unfortunately I already have a lot of homework in. 🙁 I like all of them so far though, it’s just a lot of work! All of my classes are specifically in accordance with my major, so I am done with general education courses which is a blessing! I don’t have to worry about taking a dreaded science or literature class.

Another thing that has been keeping me busy since I started school is the organization that I am secretary for, Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK). Its a national leadership honor society whose alums includes Joe Biden, Peyton Manning, Sheryl Crow and many more. Our applications to be a member of the group went out the day classes started. Myself and the other executive members and faculty advisors have been working hard on deciding who’s a best fit for the group and when we will inform them of our decision. I think being secretary for ODK will keep me busy all year! (Below is a picture of the 2015-2016 Fontbonne University ODK Executive Team.)

2

Those are just a couple of the many things I’ve been doing since I got back to Fontbonne’s beautiful campus! I’m starting to get my schedule down and get back in the swing of things. I can’t wait to blog for you guys this year! Keep checking back each week for one of my new blogs or a post by another blogger!