Claire

Best Place to Unwind for Midterms

by Claire on September 30, 2015

in Academics,Campus Community,First Year at Fontbonne

Midterm week is quickly approaching for students across the nation. Although it is still a week away, the preparations for midterms are in full swing here at Fontbonne. The study rooms in the library continually have full occupancy with students forming study groups and trying to memorize as much as they can for their tests. Papers are being written and the writing tutors are in full use.

The study rooms are one of my favorite parts of Fontbonne’s campus. As I write this post, I am working in a study room with my friend Josh in the library. The pure quiet and secluded area are the perfect place for me to unwind and hit the books. I am my most productive in these study rooms because of their lack of decorations. I mean this in the best way possible as I have a multitude of sparkly, light-up, and pink decorations as well as about a million pillows in my dorm room, which look great, but can be quite distracting. The study rooms also have boards for students to write on to help with studying, reviewing diagrams, and explaining tricky information.

The week of midterms should be looked at optimistically because the semester is half over and fall break follows directly after. Make sure to take breaks from studying to eat and to nap to fuel up for late nights and early mornings.

Good Luck to everyone on your tests and papers!!!

xoxo,

Claire