When I started out at Fontbonne I had every aspect of my educational future planned out. I was going to major in Art, minor in Psych, and eventually go off to get my master’s in Art Therapy. Art Therapy is an up and coming career in the mental health field that uses art as a means of helping people with issues they might not have the spoken words for; it helps enrich the lives of the elderly and the mentally disabled alike. It’s a great path for someone that loves art and also really wants to help people. It was also a career choice that would be almost guaranteed to bring in a paycheck while I tried to make time to create my own art. After my first semester, and now into my second semester, I have had a slight change of heart. I fell in love with ceramics. Walking into the ceramics studio to create feels like coming home, and I don’t want to ignore that. So I will be changing to a Fine Arts major with emphasis on ceramics. I’ll be keeping my psych minor because I find it so fascinating, and it’ll give me more options for what I can do when I graduate if I need it. My love is art, my passion is ceramics, so that’s what I’m going to strive to do in my post-college life. Life is too short to work 9-5 in a cube 😉