“Why did you choose Fontbonne?” is a question I found myself getting asked quite often. Whether it’s family asking me or my classmates, my answer is usually the same. I say something along the lines of “I like the small community feel” or “I wanted a school with a small student to faculty ratio.” While those answers are true, they are just a few of the many reasons why I chose to make Fontbonne home for four years of my life. So naturally, I decided to make a list of some of the reasons why I chose Fontbonne!

1. Fontbonne’s campus is in such a great area! We are about 20 minutes away from downtown St. Louis which houses Busch Stadium, the Scottrade Center, and the Edward Jones Dome. Not to mention a good number of local attractions are there too.
  2. Many of the professors have real life experience in their field! That means a lot of them have great networking connections that can get you internships! I got my first internship at an accounting firm by being introduced by one of my professors.
  3. You are encouraged to get involved! And when you finally do, it’s awesome! Fontbonne has a great number of clubs and organizations that you can invest your time and effort in that will benefit you in the long run.
  4. When I stepped on campus for the first time, it just felt like home to me. Simple as that.

Are any of my reasons also your reasons why you chose Fontbonne? Comment below and let me know why you decided to make Fontbonne your home! Thanks for reading!

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Mallory Shaw October 6, 2015 at 4:39 pm

I agree with all of those reasons! Getting involved and the sense of community are the best. When I got accepted to Fontbonne, I wasn’t very sure about going there because my sister was. I wanted to be more of an individual without her but, when I came to Griffin 101, I instantly fell in love with the school and how welcoming and genuinely kind everyone was. So far everyday has been like that. I haven’t run into one rude person yet! 🙂

Taylor October 17, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Mallory! 🙂