Why Fontbonne?

by Fontbonne University on September 16, 2015

in Campus Community,College Life

Choosing a college was one of the most stressful, yet enjoyable times of my life. There’s something about starting a future that excites me and ignites my imagination, but at the same time I was overwhelmed with anxiety. Anxiety that had to do with worrying that I’ve made the correct decision, worrying about making friends, and so much more. I didn’t look at very large schools; I knew that I would do terrible in a huge university. All my life I’ve been the type of person to have a few very close friends as opposed to a very large group of friends. So I sat down and really thought about what type of school would compliment me. And I knew that I would be most comfortable in an environment where I know most of the people, and I can really get to know the professors. It has not even been a month but I already know multiple professors very well, and I feel as if I can always go to them for assistance. I could come to Fontbonne, get the major I wanted in Cyber Security, play soccer, and be in an environment I knew I would be comfortable in. The perfect fit. Looking back I can’t help but realize how ridiculous it was to put myself through that much stress, but through that process, I am confident that I am in the perfect school for myself. I’m from St. Charles, so I visit home every weekend, see my dog, my sister, my parents, my girlfriend, and have an amazing meal every Sunday. I get to have all this while doing what I love, playing soccer, and getting a challenging high quality education. It’s all about knowing what school compliments you, and I made the perfect choice.