DeMarcus

Be Something Beautiful

by DeMarcus on September 28, 2015

in Faith

“There could never be a more beautiful you”  is the lyric sung by Christian artist Johnny Diaz in his song “Beautiful You.” Last week, this lyric constantly played in my head over and over. While the song is a toe tapper, I started to think about times I tried alter myself to blend in but who hasn’t, right? I would act out in ways I thought were “cool” but then I felt stupid afterwards. I knew better. I knew before I did the stupid action but I felt as if I had something to prove, which is nothing. Now that I am older I realized it isn’t any fun pretending to be someone you’re not. It is seriously BORING! “Don’t buy the lies, disguises and hoops, they make you jump through.” I am warning you: do not buy into the things that those people, ‘your friends’ are telling you. They are setting you up for failure, humiliation, and emotional turmoil. It is not worth any of it. I’ve been there and done it and I can testify that it is exhausting. No one can be a better you than you. Once you’ve found your sense of self, you will be on your way.

Now that you’ve found who you truly are, no one can tell you any different. How does it feel to be you? I can tell you it feels great. Knowing who you are as a person and the direction you are headed in is unbelievable. All of those doubts are starting to leave your mind and positive affirmations are coming in full effect. Most times it doesn’t happen right away but in order to fully embrace the new you, you have to believe and accept all of your flaws.  “And God’s says, I’m gonna turn it into something different, I’m gonna turn it into something good, I’m gonna take all the broken pieces, And make something beautiful like only I could.” Steven Curtis Chapman sings this in his song “Something Beautiful” and it totally gives me that extra push to just be me and live life to the fullest.