Raising the Bar

by Alumni Posts on July 6, 2015

in Academics,Extracurricular

Hey Fontbonne!

This week has been such a bummer with all the rain and nasty weather we’ve been getting. Due to the weather and having a full work week, I’ve been finding things to keep me entertained indoors. One of those things has been making my own snack bars. Snack/protein bars are my go-to while I’m at work, school or on the go because they’re easy to carry and, if you make your own or find a good brand to buy, they can be packed with good stuff! I decided to try creating my own protein bars because a) I was bored one evening b) I wanted to see how close I could come to my favorite brands and c) it’s sooooo much cheaper!

This fall is my last semester at Fontbonne and I’m planning to apply to internships for dietetics in the spring. In other words, it’s hitting me how quickly things are going to change… and I know saving money is going to help me in the long run!

In addition to making protein bars on these rainy days, I’ve been studying for the GRE which I will be taking before school starts. I’m hoping to get some studying in before my North Carolina trip next week because there’s no telling if I’ll actually get studying in on the plane/while I’m away (it is technically “vacation”, after all 😉

So that’s my update for the week. Next week I hope to have plenty of pictures of my North Carolina adventures 🙂

-Katie

image