Summertime so far

by Alumni Posts on June 16, 2015

This week has been a long week because I have the dreaded summer cold.  Luckily it hasn’t stopped me from doing much, but it has made things less than pleasant for the start of my week.  Last night my friends from the dietetics program and I got together for a much needed girl’s night.  It felt like forever since I’d seen them.  Four of them graduated this Spring and are off to internships at the end of this summer/early fall.  I’m so happy for them and proud of their accomplishments!  I hope to have good luck in my search for internships in the Spring of next year.  Despite graduating in December,  I decided to wait until Spring match for internships because most internships match in the Spring.  I’m looking into Eastern Illinois University’s internship and hoping to get a tour of campus and talk to the internship director sometime this summer.  In addition, another thing I’d like to get done over summer is the GRE.  I would like to get a master’s degree in a nutrition-related field someday, so I figure if an internship also has a master’s degree program attached, all the better.

Wish me luck on getting past this cold and getting some relaxation on my day off today!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far.  -Katie

From right to left: Me, Chelsea, and Morgan… love these girls!