Breaking Past Barriers

by Alumni Posts on June 22, 2015

I’ve adopted a new mantra lately, and that is “Do one thing every day that scares you”.  In other words, get used to pushing your comfort-zone. I think many can relate when I say that in the past I’ve certainly let my fears stop me from leaving my fluffy, comforting comfort-zone.

Comfort zones may feel good in the moment, but after too long they can be suffocating. Remaining in a comfort-zone for too long can leave a person with a lot of what-if’s. This week I pushed majorly past my comfort zone and posted my first vlog (a video blog on YouTube).  Getting in front of a camera can be scary!  When I made my first few practice-takes I felt nervous, anxious and embarrassed. As the process came along, I become more familiar with angles, tricks, and how to edit my videos. It felt empowering.  I owe some credit to my uber supportive boyfriend who encourages and pushes me to go after my passions and dreams.

So that’s that!  I have my first video out and although it wasn’t as easy as I thought, I worked for it and made it happen.  Pursuing your dreams is empowering! Is anyone pushing their comfort zone this summer?

I hope that with summer in full gear, everyone is spending their summer doing the the things they love!
-Katie