Summer of 2015

by Fontbonne University on May 4, 2015

Oh my gosh can you believe that this summer is almost here?!  Though really we will still be in the season of spring until the ending of June, summer vacation is so close!  I have been doing my best not to wish this semester away and get stuck by spring fever.  So far I have been doing well, though on a day like today, what more could one ask for?  I love planning summer vacation, with all of the possibilities ahead: road trips, having a summer job, or three at least in my case.  I hope to have the time to go and visit some friends and family actually up north, since the snow has melted and warmer temperatures have arrived.  This summer shall be a blast and my goal is to take each day one day at a time because really that is all I have in front of me.  Sure I have seven more days as a sophomore within the semester, but with each of these days I can take one at a time as well.

As for my summer plans, really I have a lot planned in the end.  I have at least 3 jobs in line that should span across the entire summer though each on different days that do not cause conflict with planning.  Also, I shall be taking at least two classes at Meramec Community College, one online and the other one will be on campus at least once a week though for about three hours.  I find that taking classes during the summer helps lighten my course load through the main semesters where I am a full-time student.  This time around with taking a class online, I had one of my friends sign up with me who also needed to take a history class, so that way I will have someone else holding me accountable for doing homework.  I shall do the same for my friend since I want what is best for her in return.

Along with having about three jobs and taking two classes at Meramec, I am pretty excited about volunteering with various organizations.  For starters I am excited about going back to St. Louis Children’s Hospital and volunteering at least two days a week for a few hours, where I can spend time with patients and give of my time.  Along with volunteering at Children’s Hospital, I anticipate returning to Springfield, Missouri to volunteer at two weekend retreats with a total of about 6,000+ teenagers and chaperones and youth ministers called Steubenville.  This weekend can be just about the peak of any teenager’s summer, at least a teenager who is in love with their youth group and growing more as a person.  Now that is not the exact criteria to attend such retreats, because I think that any teenager can really attend this retreat weekend and create new experiences.  And last, I hope to return to a Vacation Bible School that I have volunteered at since I attended as a kid.

I cannot wait to plan road trips with friends, take an adventure and let the summer begin!