The Best Part of Fontbonne

by Fontbonne University on May 4, 2015

If I was asked to write about someone who works at Fontbonne and the relationship that I’ve fostered during my time here at Fontbonne so far… Well I would have no problem narrowing down my choices because I would immediately choose my sister.  My own sister works at Fontbonne University as a graduate admissions counselor.  She is my one and only sister, which makes this even better because I am glad I do not have to pick between multiple siblings.  My sister, Ann, and I have known each other well since I was born, since I am the youngest of the family.  We shared a room for several years though I can barely remember when we switched rooms and split apart.  Seems so long ago.  I know I would steal her clothes, go in her room when I was not supposed to, those things that a younger sibling should not do but sadly follow through on anyway when they know better.

I want to fast forward to about three years ago; I think that is about how many years ago it was that she moved out of the house, although I know I may be wrong.  Anyways, I really have fallen in love with the type of relationship I have made with my sister since she moved out.  I remember before she moved out I was nervous that I would not talk to her as much as well as see her anymore.  But I had a feeling also that that would not happen between the two of us.  Since I started at Fontbonne University almost two years ago, we have talked more, seen each other more and just enjoyed each other’s time more.  Now I will admit that she was not working at Fontbonne University when I was admitted as a freshman, though began shortly after.  I find myself going to her office just to say hello multiple times a week, at least recently I know.  I tell her about my day, such as classes going on, stressful situations with friends or family members and so on.  I see her as my best friend as well as my sister.  I love how I can talk to her about Fontbonne issues, advice for when talking to teachers, and even happy moments such as accomplishments.  Last summer, when I found out I could not really pursue a future career in my last major of study, I went to my sister asking for ideas on what to switch my major to.  She provided me with several possible ideas as well as hope that I will find a new major.  Something I will love and not be as insecure about.  We had discussions on what I valued most and had deep interests in, which in the end was helping people.  In the end we were able to find a new major for me to try out and really I am so glad to have my sister on campus at Fontbonne, sharing memories together as well as creating new ones each day.