Fontbonne Day (May 1st) Experience

by Alumni Posts on May 6, 2015

in Campus Community,Extracurricular,In Saint Louis,Our Causes

Hi everyone,

Last Friday was our University Big Day!!! Did anyone join and volunteer in one of the activities? I really had a wonderful time spending my day with my other friends at an elementary school to help their school do some gardening on their front lawn and some painting for the school to hang along the hallway. The weather was nice and this was my first time doing some planting. I ‘m glad that we were able to show the young children there to let them know what we are doing and show them what the plants are and how they will grow big later! The kids were lovely and the teachers and principal were appreciated of what we were doing there.

I am very impressed that our University which would spend a day to encourage students to go out to serve other communities in need. Compared to my previous undergraduate university, I’ve never experienced that before. So, I really appreciate how Fontbonne treasures and encourages people.