Follow Your Dreams

by Fontbonne University on May 8, 2015

in College Life,New & Future Students

The title of this blog really is the biggest lesson I’ve ended up learning here at Fontbonne this semester. Not that I didn’t know or believe in following my dreams before, that’s one of the reasons I’m here in the first place, but I guess you could say that the lesson has been solidified. One of the best things about all my classmates in the art building is that they have a lot of the same dreams and goals as I do, and it’s an inspiration to say the least. We all want to create art and share it with the world in one way or another. We share our ideas and help each other work through challenges. It’s so easy to get caught up in the social ideas of having to work yourself to death for a big house, luxury car, and mountains of debt from buying things. I’ve met more people being happy with making a modest living doing what they love and appreciating what they have. The secret to that has been that they’re following their dreams and going after what they’re passionate about. Life is short, we only get one shot at it, so do what you love and make some amazing memories along the way.

Cheers!