Summer Plans and Living Your Passion

by Fontbonne University on April 28, 2015

in Career Paths,In Saint Louis,New & Future Students

This semester is wrapping up and it’s hard to believe that it’s already done when it feels like the start wasn’t that long ago. I feel like this semester has presented so many valuable lessons that I’ll be able to carry with me into the summer and beyond. I learned that one of my biggest passions is ceramics. I love working with clay to create something beautiful. Best of all, there is so much support and encouragement from teachers and fellow students to do what you’re passionate about that it can help drive you forward in your goals.

Like many students, I will have to work a lot during the summer, bills are a never ending reality, but after this semester I’ve gotten a renewed confidence in the art that I create and a resolve to continue creating ceramics over the summer. A local pottery shop, Krueger Potter Supply, has studio space and classes available all summer. That, coupled with a generous opportunity to sell my art at a gift shop in St. Charles, and my summer feels complete!

I could not have stepped out and taken these opportunities if it wasn’t for the support and encouragement from my teachers and classmates here at Fontbonne. I feel grateful and beyond blessed. So I would just like to say that if you have a passion for something in your life then go for it! This life is so short and we only get one shot at it. Do what you love and always go with your gut, it’ll help steer you down the right path. Cheers!