Stop Everything You’re Doing

by Fontbonne University on April 7, 2015

in Academics,College Life,Extracurricular

I don’t know what you’re doing with your life at this very moment, but I advise you to stop. Stop everything you’re doing and just read this blog post… besides, you must be procrastinating already anyway. We are all busy. According to Google (because Google is always right) the definition of “Busy” is simply “Having a great deal to do.” This is to be occupied, engaged, involved, or employed with different activities. Everyone of us has a great deal of things that we must get done each day, and yes, this includes having a social life, eating meals, and getting some sleep!

This semester is personally my busiest yet out of the 4 semesters I have been here at Fontbonne. I am a second semester sophomore, and I love where I’m at and what I’m doing here. Often enough though I find myself questioning every little thing I do because it can sometimes get overwhelming. This semester I am keeping up with 21 credit hours at 2 different schools: Fontbonne Univ. and St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley. I attend both schools because I am double majoring in Deaf Education and Sign Language Interpreting. It’s a lot of classes and homework and tests, but I really do love education and I love to learn; therefore, it isn’t so bad!

Along with academics I am also an intern for The Department of Leadership Education and Student Activities, president of *Griffin Gang, and an executive member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes. These groups keeps me occupied with meetings and organizing events for upcoming sporting events, but I really enjoy doing them on campus. This semester I have also picked up a parttime job because I just had too much free time. 😉 I work at Behavior Intervention Services. What I do at my job is confidential, but I can say that I absolutely love it and wouldn’t want to be working anywhere else right now. Now, as for my family and friends, I make a lot of time for them because of how important they all are in my life. I see my friends everyday and talk to my family once a week.

I know you are all thinking “How does she manage all that?” or “I have more than that and still don’t have time for everything.” Well, it is all about your priorities in life. Use a calendar. It is one of the best things ever invented and it keeps you organized. I write down everything from school #1, to school #2, to activities, to time for sleeping. You can do this! Write it all down and you will see how much free time you actually have each day. Also, for assignments, tests, and projects – write those down as well! You will always know when you have something coming up and can get it done without waiting the night before.

So what are you waiting for??? Get to organizing your schedule and make your life a little bit easier!

*You can read more about Griffin Gang in my previous blog post. Check it out!