This is my very first semester at Fontbonne and, honestly, I had hopes of meeting new people and making some new friends. I definitely wasn’t prepared for what I found here! As an art major I have found that it is a small community unto itself here. Many of my classmates are in several of my classes and we all seem to inspire and encourage one another. One classmate in particular has not only inspired me, but has also given support without even being asked. Alicia has inspired me in class with her determination in every project she under takes. There is a flare and passion to her work that is always a joy to see. She’s also very encouraging of others, giving her honest opinion, and constructive feed back. She’s also been kind and supportive outside of the classroom. She’s helped me with studying for tests and also taking the time to sit and chat during one particularly stressful week. She’s been a huge inspiration and so supportive, I feel grateful to call her my friend.