What I Learned this Year…

in Athletics,College Life

The semester is almost over and hopefully all of you are feeling that you didn’t hold anything back! I don’t know about you but my first swim of the year is always better when I feel that I did the best I could possibly do.

This week is about sharing the most important thing I learned this semester. I learned a lot in my one year in STL but this semester was especially significant. It has taught me (or I taught myself, either way) that life is too short to do the same things, day in and day out. Yes, routines are healthy and important when chasing success but that’s not what I mean. When faced with a decision to do something you’ve done before or something new, always chose the latter! I’m sure there are things that were so much fun you just want to do them over and over, but trust me when I say it’s better to try new things! In my one year living in STL, I have faced many decisions on where to eat or what bar to go to. I always try a new place and insist on staying away from doing things twice because I enjoy keeping things excting, new, and adventurous. In transferring from my old school, which I loved, I have learned that it doesn’t matter where you are or what you’re doing, you control your own happiness!

Also, Fontbonne Lacrosse’s senior day is this Saturday April 25th at Gay Field. I am the only senior and would appreicate any support I can get to help us get our first win! Go Griffins!

Ev