My Idol at Fontbonne

in Academics,New & Future Students

I never thought I would be where I am today. I’m glad I have ended up at Fontbonne and I am thankful for every moment along the way. They say everything happens for a reason and I firmly believe that.

I have met many people here at Fontbonne in this past year but one person stands out to me: Professor Rebecca Foushee. I first met Becky when I was a prospective student ┬álast Spring. She accepted me with open arms and devised my one year plan for me within minutes. She was so engaged and gave me a great impression of what academics would be like at this small but fantastic university. Last Fall, I was in Environmental Psychology, one of Foushee’s favorite classes to teach. Due to her unique attitude and openness, I received a plant during that first week. I still water that plant and keep it in my dorm room where it has almost doubled in size. I take pride in that plant because I feel that it has grown throughout this past year, just as I have done. Foushee’s attitude toward class, students, her busy life at home or her adventurous side is an eye opener and is something I greatly appreciate.

Ev