Fontbonne in the Spring

by Fontbonne University on April 28, 2015

What is St. Louis like during the changing of seasons from winter to spring?  Well that depends, are you the kind of person that really enjoys sneezing from allergies, mold, and other nature’s blooming plantations?  Okay, St. Louis is not all like that.  But having so many types of trees in our city as well as flowers, it definitely adds beauty to the area.  Last Thursday, surprisingly was one of my busiest days on campus but I was astounded by how much beauty I saw on Fontbonne’s campus.  Additionally I was so proud to be a part of this campus as well as experiencing the beauty.  Everywhere practically there is something to admire, like the garden that resides within the very center of the apartment complex building, Southwest, which is on our campus. Southwest is the name of our building where upperclassmen are eligible to live in more apartment style-living rather than the other dorms. Students can take part in taking care of the garden in a personal way, creating impact to our campus. Next, there are the trees that cover our campus, tall trees and small trees.  My personal favorite trees are those on the very front of Ryan Hall, I believe dogwood trees, I am open for anyone to correct me on that.  I am very appreciative of our maintenance crews that take care of the vegetation on our campus, making it so beautiful as best as they can. I personally love days where all I can see is the sun, shining light on our campus and causing practically everyone to smile about it because it is so gorgeous. Plus, when you have a campus such as Fontbonne University that has hammocks in the Golden Meadow, what could be better than that?