College Friendships

by Fontbonne University on April 28, 2015

I know that lately there have been quite a lot of events going on at Fontbonne, but really I wish I could have attended one of those events. This semester has been one of the busiest semesters for myself, working over 35 hours each week, being a full-time student, co-leading a bible study with Campus Ministry, planning for the bible study, and more. Though honestly, being so busy it makes me really appreciate my time and the time I have to spend with friends when available. Just the other day, I ended up having lunch outside with two of my close friends and just spent the time enjoying the sunlight, though sure, we had to work on homework and stress about registration. For the entire duration of hanging out with my friends, I was able to at least relax and life. Spending time with friends during college is very important for anyone to experience, creating those memories where you can smile and laugh. Creating those lasting relationships to endure the thick and thin that comes with college stress and difficult assignments that never seem to end some days.

Looking back on some of the best moments with my friends, all I can do is smile so big. Such as previous nights this semester venting to my best friend about a professor that may have been driving me crazy – we all have our moments – but that same night I laughed so hard that I snorted like I have never snorted before. We laughed, cried and created some of the best new memories together.  Another time would be when having a great bible study session, learning new things about our faith together. Yet, I know that I have more memories to come, during the stressful times as well as during the more relaxed of times.