This semester has been one filled with classes, exams, experience in the field, and knowledge that I will take with me into my teaching career! I have gained so much information this semester regarding elementary education, and I am grateful for this opportunity to learn each and every day. I have learned about different methods of teaching reading and writing, the history of education, the demographics of today’s teachers and students, and even created my own philosophy of education. Out of all of the amazing things that I learn each day at Fontbonne, the thing that has I have learned to be most important is collaboration. Working with others provides a strong foundation for any project, assignment or idea. By collaborating with peers or staff, you are able to view many sides to any given situation and truly understand it better than you could have alone. Throughout our lives we will always be working with others- either adults or children- regardless of what field we are going into. Collaboration is a key component to success as it improves communication skills, leadership roles, pragmatics, and has many, many other benefits. Collaboration does not always have to be in an academic setting either. Collaboration can occur between people of different backgrounds, faith traditions, origins, and a wide range of others. By collaborating with someone different from yourself, you are able to better understand a different culture and value the importance of everybody around you. I encourage everybody to get out there and go collaborate today!

collaborating